Year : 2007 | Volume
: 2 | Issue : 2 | Page : 96-
35 th Annual Meeting of the International Society for Pediatric Neurosurgery September, 2007, Liverpool (U.K.)
Bombay Hospital Institute, Mumbai, India
C E Deopujari
Bombay Hospital Institute, Mumbai
|How to cite this article:|
Deopujari C E. 35 th Annual Meeting of the International Society for Pediatric Neurosurgery September, 2007, Liverpool (U.K.).J Pediatr Neurosci 2007;2:96-96
|How to cite this URL:|
Deopujari C E. 35 th Annual Meeting of the International Society for Pediatric Neurosurgery September, 2007, Liverpool (U.K.). J Pediatr Neurosci [serial online] 2007 [cited 2023 Mar 22 ];2:96-96
Available from: https://www.pediatricneurosciences.com/text.asp?2007/2/2/96/36777
The 35 th Annual Meeting of the International Society For Pediatric Neurosurgery (ISPN) was held at the St. Georges Hall in Liverpool, UK, from 9 to13 Sept. 2007. Dr. Paul May was the organizing chairman.
Over 300 neurosurgeons from various countries and 100 pediatric neuro-nursing delegates attended the meeting. Neuro-oncology was the main theme for nursing delegates.
Dr. Rick Abbott from USA took over from Dr. Carlo Mazza as president of the ISPN.
Indian participants included Dr. A K Mahapatra and Dr. Rajkumar from Lucknow, Dr. S. Chatterjee and Dr. Kaushik Sil from Kolkata, Dr. Rajeev Kariyatti from Kochi, Dr. Deepak Gupta, Dr. Sumit Sinha and Dr. Faiz from New Delhi, Dr. Dattatreya Muzumdar, Dr. Naresh Biyani and Dr. Deopujari from Mumbai.
Following papers were presented by The Indian group:
Dr. Rajeev Kariyattil presented on
1. Ventriculo - subgaleal shunt in the management of post-infective hydrocephalus
Dr. Dattatraya P. Muzumdar presented on
1. Focal cerebral mantle disruption in fetal hydrocephalus.
2. Atlantoaxial joint distraction and lateral mass fixation for pediatric basilar invagination
Dr. Kaushik Sil presented on
1. Shunting in childhood tuberculosis - a neurosurgeon's nightmare
Dr. Naresh Biyani presented on
1. Dysembryoplastic neuroepithelial tumour: A review of surgical outcome in 90 children.
2. Risk of infective complication in spinal dermal sinus when associated with dermoid: A review in 52 children
Dr. Chandrashekhar E Deopujari presented on
1. Intraventricular Tumours in Children
Dr. Raj Kumar presented on
1. Management nuances concerning pediatric atlanto axial dislocation in developing Milieu
2. Spectrum of pediatric spinal tumours in the developing Milieu
Dr. Deepak Kumar Gupta presented on
1. Proposal for a new clinicoradiological classification of type 1 split cord malformations: A prospective study of 45 cases
Dr. Faiz Uddin Ahmad presented on
1. Cervical meningomyelocele - An Institutional experience
Dr. A K Mahaptra presented on
1. Giant encephaloceles: A series of 21 cases
Dr. Sumit Sinha
1. Pediatric intracranial aneurysms - clinical characteristics and outcome of surgical treatment
Presentation of ISPN Goa-2011 was made during the business meeting which was well received. A 3-cycle ISPN course has been allotted to India, starting in 2009 alongwith Kolkata IndSPN meeting.
Other highlights of the meeting were:
A debate on asymptomatic spinal lipomas between Dr.Pang(USA)and M. Zerah (France). Shift towards distraction techniques and posterior surgery in complex craniosynostosis, A debate on invasive recordings (surface vs . depth ) for epilepsy surgery,Neuro-oncology session on ependymomas followed by lecture and discussion on relevance of lab research on clinical practice in oncology.